Manual Handling Training
Looking for Manual Handling Training in Sheffield
Manual handling accidents account for more than a third of all reportable accidents each year. Musculoskeletal disorders are the biggest cause of work related illness in the UK and with 9 million days lost each year, 4 million are related to back disorders.
The Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require employers to ensure that their employee are trained and competent in the work activity of manual handling.
Our ½ day manual handling course comprises of the following:
- Health & Safety at Work Act (Employers & Employees obligations)
- Manual Handling regulations
- Types and causes of injuries Principals of correct lifting,
- posture and handling techniques
- Risk Assessment in the workplace
- Manual Handling Practical Risk Assessment
The course is extremely “hands on” and delegates are encouraged to participate in lifting exercises and techniques.